“We understand sustainability as meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs”
Claudio Capaccioli. CEO STORY HOSPITALITY
OUR VISION :
To promote an environmentally-conscious focus within our hotels and among our team members.
We are continually looking for ways to preserve, protect natural resources by reducing waste and energy, while providing amazing experiences and services to our guests.
We are in continuous communication with our guests, trying to create awareness of our efforts while encouraging them to join us in the simplest practices to reach our goals.
MOROCCO: SUSTAINABLE TOURISM PROJECT
Morocco has played a key role in promoting the sustainable development of tourism. In 2014 it was voted co-lead, along with France and Korea, of the Sustainable Tourism Programme, which is part of the UN World Tourism Organization’s 10-Year Framework on Sustainable Consumption and Production (10 YFP).
This program envisions a world where “the tourism sector has globally adopted sustainable consumption and production practices resulting in enhanced environmental and social outcomes and improved economic performance respecting the limits of our planet.”
OUR 4 PILLARS
As part of the STORY HOSPITALITY family, and as part of the Moroccan efforts to promote a sustainable tourism, STORY Rabat Boutique Hotel & Spa have been implementing an eco-project based on 4 pillars. These aim to improve something in our local environment, in order to project it to the rest of the world.
REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
REDUCE WATER CONSUMPTION
LOCAL CARE & FAIR TRADE
REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE INITIATIVES
– Encourage the “reuse and recycling” of paper for all printing purposes. Also, the printed elements of the hotel are on FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified paper;
– Plastic-free: Our goal is to be plastic-free. Currently, STORY Rabat Boutique Hotel & Spa is making progress towards this goal by reducing the use of plastic in its daily activities as much as possible. The water bottles in guests’ rooms have been replaced with glass bottles, and the rest of the services have implemented this initiative;
– Soap used in the rooms is collected, cleaned and processed into a paste that is used for hand washing some of the hotel’s internal surfaces;
– Implementaion of a waste sorting policy.
The goal here is to reduce our consumption as much as possible, reuse it in another way and help to recycle as much as possible.
REDUCE WATER CONSUMPTION INITIATIVES
– Encouraging guests to reuse their towels and Linen using visible signs in the room;
– Water flow limiters installed in rooms;
– Water saving toilet-flushing mechanisms;
– Local well for plants watering.
ENERGY CONSERVATION INITIATIVES
– LED lights: the hotel is working towards being a 100% LED illuminated property in an aim to optimize inconsistency and to preserve energy wasting;
– Sensor lights installed across the hotel alleys to help save energy;
– Encourage a “switch off policy” among the team members and guests;
– Optimize electricity consumption by adjusting it depending on hotel occupancy.
LOCAL CARE & FAIR TRADE INITIATIVES
– Use of local products from the land of Morocco;
– “Organic Garden” within the hotel, to grow plants for use in the hotel kitchens;
– VEGAN and VEGETARIAN dish selection suggested in the restaurant menu;
– Reducing food waste and sorting unused products to organize donations to people in need.